Here’s a few more cool articles that I’ve been reading…
- Vanity’s Fair: Obama’s Way – Regardless where you stand politically, it’s always interesting to get a look behind the scenes of the man who works in the oval office. Michael Lewis wrote a great profile on President Obama.
- AdAge: How Eric Hippeau Powers New York’s Surging Tech Scene – This is a really interesting profile of the former CEO of the Huffington Post. The work that he does mentoring leaders within the New York Technology community is amazing. Every tech/startup community needs people like Eric.
- GigaOm: Fitbit doubles down on mobile health with Zip and One trackers – This is just the start. Over the next few years, you’re going to see sensor become mainstream and built into everything. Exciting to see Fitbit position themselves to be/go mainstream.
- GigaOm: Square goes big: raises $200M at $3.25B valuation – I wish I was an investor and could have gotten in on their seed round back in the early days of Square, when I was telling everyone “this is going to be a thing.” At least in DC, I’m seeing Square more often and it makes paying for stuff so much easier.
- TechCrunch: Apple Announces Record Pre-Orders For iPhone 5: 2M in 24 Hours, 2X iPhone 4S Day One Sales – Holy crap and it’s not even that much of a revolutionary upgrade. Granted I bought one too. It’s just astounding to see how much they’re able to sell.