I’m sitting here watching tv with my parents and have a bunch of random thoughts…
- So… where is the killer Facebook app? Up until now, all of the Facebook applications have been pretty silly and elementary. Many of people told me… “just wait. the killer app is coming. it just will take time to make it.” Well… where is it??? It just seems like the general buzz around Facebook applications has died down.
- I’m really hoping that Steve Jobs announces an Apple TV 2.0 in January at Macworld Expo. I want it to be cheaper. I want it to work with any television. I want it to have a big hard drive on it. It seems like this would be a killer product. I want to be able to easily watch Wine Library TV on my television.
- I’m hoping that Mobile Web will take off in 2008. People need to see what is possible by having the Web in the palm of their hand. I guess… cost needs to go down… speed needs to go up. I hope 3g gets better.
- I’m having a hard time evangelizing Twitter to some of my friends. They just don’t see why it’s important. How do you show them that its beneficial to have that constant connection to some of the people you’re friends with?
- I really dig Pownce but people seem to be confused about it. They see it as a Twitter competitor even though Leah Culver has time and time again said its more like lightweight e-mail. Was it bad timing that has caused Pownce’s downfall?
- Is it bad that we’re using these silo’d systems like Twitter and Pownce? I can’t view someone’s Facebook status on my Twitter account. I can’t send a Pownce Message to someone’s Facebook Message account.
More thoughts later…