Taking a page of from Jason Calacanis’s book, here are some random thoughts I had while drinking a Leffe Blonde Ale.
- Good customer service and customer experience is such an important aspect of a good business. Recently, I’ve had these various experiences with companies like AT&T, Zip Car, and American Express. I leave feeling so good about the companies. I feel so good that I wanna tell my friends about it. I quickly become an evangelist for the companies and for the people behind the businesses.
- It’s one thing to have a great and innovative idea but its an entirely different thing to have an innovative idea that non early adopters are able to wrap their heads around. It’s so important to be using a metaphor that works well with everyone.
- When you’re running an online community, you have to set the example. You have to be the party organizer. You have to talk to everyone and greet everyone.
- I’m starting to use Digg some more. I’m not really sure what’s been different about it. Maybe my expectations have changed. The site has changed quite a bit. It has matured a little bit.
- I kind of agree with Steve Ballmer. I think that Facebook is a fad. BUT BUT BUT… i don’t think social networking is a fad.
- I don’t think cable tv is done yet. I wanted to think it was. I spent a year without Cable TV. Watching TV on the computer is just not the same. I now have Cable TV again. I think with rev 2 or rev 3 of the Apple TV everything could change. First, the price needs to come down and it needs to be compatible with standard def tv’s.
- To continue on the future of tv, if Joost were to do a deal with Tivo and put Joost on Tivos that could be HOT.